ICT for Climate Change/ Disaster Management
The objective of the Youth and ICT for Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Programme is to engage youth and communities to build mobile applications, on climate change and its relationship to natural disasters. The program will target vulnerable groups which have seen significant disaster related damage in the last two years.
To achieve the project objectives, the HUB intends to pursue the following activities:
- To conduct research into the use of ICTs and its application to Disaster Risk Management.
- To leverage the research conducted and train young people to develop mobile applications giving information, alerts, tips and best practices on DRM
- To host a Caribbean competition to identify the best mobile applications built by young people for DRM purposes.
- To lobby relevant government offices to adopt the winning applications and take steps toward deploying among the national citizenry
- To develop high quality, re-usable online content to be posted on a dedicated websites and social media in order to educate the local communities. This content can take the form of animations, video, screencasts or documents
- To disseminate the ‘best practices’ developed and experiences gained both in youth development and in the benefits of ICTs for DRM/ Climate Change
The budget for this exercise is estimated at USD 25,000. We are looking for support in cash or in kind to successfully execute this programme of activities.
Anchor sponsors will be those who contribute a minimum value of USD12,500 toward the project, 75% of which (USD9,375) must be in cash.