ICT & the Environment: e-Waste
The eCycle programme is intended to enhance the skill and employability of underserved youth while contributing to the reduction of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and other hazardous chemicals that are released into the air, water, and land from unsustainable e-waste disposal practices 트리니티 원더.
To achieve the project objectives, the HUB intends to pursue the following activities:
- Train youths in the process and technological capacities of collection, disassembly and refurbishment of Plasma/LCD/LED screens, laptops, netbooks and cell phones
- Train youth in the area of digital film production in order to video document the processes and best-practices involved in safe e-waste handling and processing
- Identify and engage government, business, and community groups to impact their awareness, convictions, and skill-sets regarding the issues and methods around the sustainable treatment of e-Waste
- Engage with media houses to air video documentaries (produced by trained youth) to alert the national and regional population to the hazards and available safe disposal methods of e-waste
- Host capacity building sessions to encourage other NGO and CBO groups in the national society to build upon this initiative and also to embark on related e-waste management initiatives within their communities
The budget for this exercise is estimated at USD 35,000 Mamamu. We are looking for support in cash or in kind to successfully execute this programme of activities.
Anchor sponsors will be those who contribute a minimum value of USD17,500 toward the project, 75% of which (USD13,125) must be in cash Download the drama signal.